+44 (0)20 7833 3500  •  +1 212 465 7800  •  +64 4 499 6444  • 

New Zealand Tax Services

Frank Hirth New Zealand specialises in UK and US taxation reporting, compliance and advisory services. With offices in Wellington, London and New York, our dual tax advisers are the best people in the business and are committed to finding the appropriate solution for your needs through tailored advice, technical excellence and exceptional client service.

Frank Hirth New Zealand provides tailored services to:

  • UK or US expatriates living in New Zealand; and
  • New Zealanders considering moving to these jurisdictions. 

We focus on the following areas:

Private clients

Whether you are an individual looking for advice and support across your personal and business finances, a senior executive with queries about your pay arrangement or an expatriate high net worth individual looking for support with tax-efficient strategies for wealth preservations, Frank Hirth tax professionals will be delighted to help.

Business/Corporate tax

Our Business Tax team specialists have a deep understanding of both UK and US tax systems, providing advisory and compliance services to businesses and their owners. Our technical expertise and broad experience covers a wide range of business tax issues, which allows us to provide a complete in-house service.

Trust, Estate and Family

Succession planning can be a sensitive subject to discuss. Effective planning must include an understanding of current assets, future plans, the tax status of your beneficiaries and their tax obligations. Frank Hirth’s Trust, Estate and Family team will listen and help individuals and their families to implement effective estate planning strategies. 

Within this we can assist with US Federal and state tax returns as well as various other forms such as: Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR); Trust forms 3520 and 3520A; US Corporate and Partnership forms; Expatriation form 8854; Streamlined Form 14653; Gift tax returns form 709 and Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs).

We are well versed in specific issues arising from living in New Zealand, such as, the US reporting requirements for Kiwisaver, dealing with non US funds often held for investments (PFICs) and understanding how US pensions are taxed once in New Zealand. All of which can create additional US tax reporting. 


For support with your tax affairs or additional information, please contact Iain Forshaw via email or on
+64 (0) 44996444.

Key Contact

Iain Forshaw

Iain Forshaw

Senior Tax Manager

T: +64 (0) 44996444
Email Iain
Office: Wellington